Oakwood Scientific Laboratory
7102 Pole Green Rd Mechanicsville, VA 23116
Copyright © 2015 Oakwood Scientific Laboratory | Legal | Sitemap
- Most wells (deep or shallow) take 1 gallon of bleach, pour directly into well. Full
gallon use 5.25% chlorine or use smaller bottle with 8.25% chlorine (extra strength).
Or use 1 cup powdered chlorine for new well, ½ cup existing well.
- Hook up garden hose and run into well for 20 minutes. This does not use water but
- Hose inside walls of well and inside cover, close.
- Run cold water in kitchen until you smell chlorine (1-3 minutes) then shut off. Run
sink, tub, flush all toilets, outside spigots, washer hookup.
- Let chlorine stand in system for 4 hours or overnight.
- Run water on lawn until chlorine is gone.
- You are ready for testing.
Well chlorinating and disinfection